Summer is brutal in New York City. There I’ve said it. I am not a big fan of the humidity and I am not afraid to admit that Summer is not my favorite season. Not even second favorite. However, I must admit there is something whimsical about summer. Even if you have a 9-5 job or attend summer school, you are enticed to spend your days full of laughter without a care in the world.
Wearing dresses is my absolute favorite thing about summer. They are simple, comfortable and have the ability to make you look like a sun goddess without much effort.
Here a few of my summer must haves. Wherever you are, I hope these essentials help keep you stay cool and comfy during those unbearable summer days.
1. Bright Lipstick – you can not go wrong with a bright lip during summer. It brightens your complexion with little to no effort.
2. Summer time calls for as little clothing as possible to avoid sweaty bras and sticky thighs (we’ve all been there!). How can you look summer cute when you want to avoid as much material possible? You could wear shorts and a tee but that is boring. Opt for a chambray dress like the one above. You can dress it up for work or keep it simple for weekend shenanigans. If you don’t like wearing dresses, find what makes you happy while sticking to breathable fabrics.
3. Fun glasses. Leopard shades are my ultimate favorite. They are fun and pair well with everything. Also, try to find shades that block 100% UVA and UVB rays to protect your beautiful eyes.
4. BB Cream. I like makeup but I tend to keep it simple. BB creams have many advantages. It’s like a tinted moisturizer with added benefits. My summer beauty routine usually consists of Cetaphil, Neutrogena Naturals Multi Vitamin Moisturizer and Dr. Jart’s BB Cream. I’ve tried many BB creams from both drugstores and department stores. Dr. Jart’s is worth it. It is light weight, gives sheer to medium coverage and perfect for my combination skin. Of all BB creams I’ve tried, this one has not made me break out.
5. Last and definitely not least, a spontaneous attitude is vital to enjoying a fun, memorable summer. Summer is full of opportunity. You have to be open minded and jump in! 🙂
WHAT GETS YOU THROUGH SUMMER? IS IT YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?