I’ve taken enough girly vacations to know the ingredients necessary for a successful trip. On my most recent girly journey, I went to California (LA to San Fran) with my two good friends, Nyssa and Ingrid (pictured above). You have no idea how excited I was. I’ve wanted to go to California since I was a tiny person. Okay, I’m still tiny but watching Charmed when I was younger sparked my interest in the Golden Gate Bridge and the lovely Charmed Manor. Also, my mom was born there. Naturally, I wanted to visit this magical place. I am now truly in love with Cali. I have lots of photos to share with you in coming posts. Enough rambling…here are my tips for a lovely trip…
- Make sure everyone is on the same page. Decide what type of trip it’s going to be. Is it a club/going out trip, sightseeing, or relaxation on the beach?
- Create an agenda ahead of time. Research cool places to visit and surrounding areas to eat. This minimizes the stress of research during the trip.
- If it is a road trip, print directions beforehand just in case your GPS loses satellite signal or your cell phone batter dies (both of which happened to us).
- Pack realistically. I understand indecisiveness but try to pack 2 pairs of shoes that go with more than one outfit. Also, pack more tops then bottoms so you can mix and match.
- Choose the right people. I’ve been pretty lucky on my girly trips. It’s natural to have a group of girls together for a straight week and not everyone get along every minute. Just have in mind, you want personalities to mesh. Fun, responsible and considerate is what I think of in an ideal traveler.
- Be mindful. A girly trip is a time to get to know each other on a different level. Be prepared to spend and split dinner bills, gas, etc. Patience, an open mind and a thirst for adventure are key.
- Take advantage of every opportunity. This is the time to relax and enjoy without thinking of work, stress, etc. If the opportunity presents itself to dance your booty off on a stage…do it. If you’re anything like me, have a book of fun life questions handy to take it to a deeper level (don’t forget the wine.
- Take videos. I can’t reccomend this enough. Pictures don’t capture a silly moment like avideo can. Wouldn’t you wanna relive that time a group of gals couldn’t figure out how to release the emergency brake on a hilly San Fran street? Or was that just us? 😀